Thursday, February 11, 2016

Wow, it's been awhile...why don't I sync my posts from facebook and Instagram?! Nonetheless, I've still been active in the community, a little in the science world, and still brainstorming potentials and fit for this program. Water expert, Jim Ekins, along with University of Idaho PhD Natural Resources lecturers, hiked up by snowshoe to measure the snow pack determining predictions for possible water quality for the year. What happens if we have a very warm spring with this amount of pack? What are the temperatures of the layers? What was last years snow pack?

 My first time snow shoeing and I loved it. I will do it again but with  a thermos of Wassel along, as it was 20 degrees but crisply beautiful. Water is important!




 Deep snow pack?

Whoops, ran out of gas (or nearly) at the top. Had I know mountains need gas to get up :)

 The half of it. Dedicated scientist in their own cars.
 Karen, PhD with U of I has no problem to the top.
 Gear
 Just getting started with methods.
 Jiim Ekins, U of I Water Educator,  accounted for about 75% of the effort to find the earth.
 Not even close, a great year of snow pack.


 Great youth from Post Falls honors classes.
 The tests.



 No problem for these youth, writing on waterproof paper recording data from snow pack.
 Deep.
I heard 10 people could get inside this igloo, I didn't' see for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment