Thursday, February 18, 2016

Science is exciting, I know that. Watching children learn and experience science is exciting, that is true. Designing  a community program that works within systems out of our control, it's challenging. Talking about legacy and what I want to accomplish with this program besides the markers for success, goals and objectives, and measurements of numbers served, more than that there has to be a future set up that will lead to success for the next AmeriCorps member. I greatly wanted to sway systems in order to find a fit, but with vacancies in the key positions, and transitions from one vacancy to another the timeline on my push is put back a year. If I was staying in this program for another term I would keep finding channels, but I see now it is time to create. While still leaving the programs objectives in front of key community members, it's time to start recording! Below is a picture of a video area water educator Jim Ekins was shooting for his programs. I was assisting and learning about Riparian Zones. I'm sure I had learned what they were before, but with a Master's in Elementary Education we learn how students learn and how to teach, even in our Elementary Science graduate level class the actual subject matter is not the point. So here we have a riparian zone, now I know.

Next is selling this program encapsulating what this could be, might be, and needs to be. The plan is to capture attention span in this short 2 minute world (if they'll click on the video image at all in an email), to drum up and phish for takers and to keep as legacy for what this year could be. As any AmeriCorps would do, I'll pretend I'm a master videographer, master at the science topic, and then produce, edit, and distribute the video. I've attempted making a video for a non-profit before. It wasn't the best, so lets hope for better results this time around.



Article on Riparian Zone's
Note to self...

No comments:

Post a Comment