Friday, October 9, 2015

Bridges Aren't Built in a Day





 
 

 
There's a lot of players at work. AmeriCorps' effort is to bridge communities and organizations for youth development, among other things. Accomplishing the bridging task can be compared to throwing cargo on a moving train whose boxcar is already full. Tonight, as a new AmeriCorps member under the above agencies, I will attempt to merely show up with a friendly face at an annual 4-H Family Fun Night. One thing I've learned as a three time AmeriCorps member (and in my professional career) showing up time and time again, becoming familiar, and being genuine has created relationships with individuals that have lead to successful organization partnerships. Parts of the job are daunting (see the sheer number of above bosses), but most of it very fun. Having a good attitude makes all the difference, which is of course of lesson for life. I hope everyone has a fun night and finds joy everywhere. Wish me luck!
Jennifer
 
 
UPDATE: Learned valuable information about positions, realized I knew more people than I thought, said hello to the organization leaders, and ate some yummy homemade potluck. Followed up with email the very next Monday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment